Texas homeowners have many roofing options to choose from today.
Among them, roofing companies find metal systems to be particularly suited to handling the broad range of weather that is common in Texas.
Read on to learn why roofing contractors find metal to be a great choice in Texas and the many benefits that homeowners choosing this material can appreciate!
Why Do Texas Roofers Recommend Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is a favorite of many Texas roofing companies due to the many benefits it provides:
- Durable, Long-Lasting Protection - Compared to the most common roofing choice of asphalt shingles, metal roofing can last decades longer. A metal system installed by a professional metal roofing company can last between 50 and 75 years and sometimes longer depending on the quality of the materials. Metal can withstand everything from heavy rains and strong winds to high heat and even some hail.
- Energy-Efficient and Eco-Friendly - Metal roofing is especially suitable for use in Texas due to its high R-value, making it a very energy-efficient material in high-heat climates. By reflecting more UV energy and heat than it allows through the roof, homes with metal systems stay cooler and homeowners benefit from lower utility bills. Additionally, it is completely recyclable, can be re-formed into new items, and is 100% biodegradable when disposed of.
- Low Maintenance - When low maintenance requirements are sought, roofers highly recommend a metal system. High-quality metal roofing is designed to last for decades with minimal roofing repairs and little more than regular fastener checks and periodic cleaning to maintain it. Due to its non-porous surface, metal does not collect dirt and grime as easily as other materials do and it will not mold or rot.
- High Fire and Wind Resistance Ratings - In areas where wildfires are common or homes are close together, metal roofing can be exceptionally safe due to its fire-resistant qualities. When properly installed by an experienced contractor, high-quality metal systems are also rated to withstand the hurricane-force winds that are common in Texas.
- Attractive Styles and Colors - Today, the metal products available to roofing contractors continue to improve in both quality and style. From the traditional standing seam to metal shingles designed to look like wood, slate, tile, and other materials, metal systems come in a wide variety of colors and styles to satisfy any aesthetic taste while still providing all of the desirable benefits of metal.
Any Disadvantages to Metal Roofing in Texas?
As perfect as an installation done by an experienced metal roofing company might seem, there are a couple of minor disadvantages that contractors do point out:
- Cost - Metal is more expensive than some other roofs like common asphalt shingles; however, considering how long this roofing can last and the reduced need for maintenance and roofing repair, it is a cost-effective option.
- Noise - Metal roofing can be noisy under rain or high winds, but roofing companies experienced with metal roofing eliminate that noise using a high-quality underlayment and proper installation technique.
Metal Roofing Is A Great Choice for Texas Homeowners
Based on the above points, it is clear that metal roofing is a wonderful choice for homeowners in Texas looking for a durable and weather-resistant roof.
Hire a roofing company that is experienced and certified to install quality metal roofing systems to ensure long-lasting protection against Texas weather extremes!